Jul 31, 2017

How We Meditate

Meditation has been apart of my life for three years now.  It came in around the time that I was dealing with some pretty intense Family and Health issues.  I remember the first few times I struggled with letting go and relaxing.  It was so unnatural for me to clear my mind, focus on myself and being present.  It was like I had this fear of being still in my own skin, what will happen when all the walls are down and I'm at one with the here and now? 
Well, I'll tell you....I found a calming peace and was able to let go of the tension I carried in my shoulders and base of my head.  I was able to focus on my breathing and clear my mind from anything that wasn't positive in my life.



In therapy I follow a guided meditation where she works with me on fears, anxiety and past experiences from my life.  At home I use a self guided approach where I concentrate on a few words from scripture and focus on my breathing.  And I also use an excellent app daily called Stop, Breathe and Think.  It's like Disney for me every time I open up my app.  I highly recommend it!  With this app you can do self guided or a directed meditation for many different things.  Connection with your body, Relaxation and Sleep, Breathing and many more.  

I've been asked when do I meditate?  I meditate every single evening no matter what.  This is where I focus on breathing, relaxation, clearing my mind and letting go of any yuckies before I close my peepers!  Once a week in therapy and here I not only practice breathing, but all my past junk.  It's like having a million boxes of junk and opening up one at a time.  Examining the contents and then putting it where it belongs.  And if it doesn't belong in my life then I chuck it out the door!! :)  Every single morning unless I'm running late or someone is throwing up I do a quick 6 minute meditation.  Here I read a scripture that I have found at some point during the week while Bible journaling.  I either pick a word or group of words and focus my energy on the meaning, on Healing, and God's will for the day for me.  It is so Energizing and gets me all jazzed for the day.  On top of that....a few times a week I will do a 6-10 minute meditation with Kaden to help him relax or work through a meltdown.  We try to get it in every day, but it doesn't always work out for us to do it.  
If you have any questions....just ask me and I'll share what I know and what has worked for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment