Aug 27, 2017

Goodbye Mr. Monday.....

I decided while on our RV trip that when I got back home I wouldn't be doing anymore Mondays.  I mean honestly who Likes Mondays?  So, I have decided that Mondays are going to be kind of like "warm up" days.  So, that I can gear up for the other 4 days and following weekend.  

My weekends look like this:  big family breakfasts, movie marathons, game fests and a mad dash around the house picking up messes.  So, on Mondays I used to drag around and beat myself up for not being productive enough.  Not, anymore!  I make sure that the important things are accomplished like feeding my Family and my Soul.  Then I make sure the kids Read, complete some sort of project or chore like Mahala just finished cleaning her bathroom from top to bottom.  And I make sure I'm organized and ready to go for the next 4 days of school and complete any phone calls, emails or assignments I'm working on.  

 
This change has given our Home a more relaxed atmosphere and I have found that we are so productive the rest of the week.  I enjoy lighting candles, listening to music and slowly move into full force by Tuesday.  Tomorrow I plan to prep my Nature Journal for September, make some phone calls, work on a review that includes Pirates and Grammar, double check my school supplies needed for Mahala this coming week and read books with Kaden along with his sensory time.   Anything else that happens is just gravy....mmmmm gravy, speaking of that I have my recipe for my country sausage gravy coming up in a few days. :) 
The cool thing is, that other things do happen, they happen naturally.  And I love that, so by taking the pressure off of our Mondays we tend to accomplish a whole lot and still feel less stress and more satisfied at the end of the day.  How do you handle Monday Mornings???


No comments:

Post a Comment