Aug 22, 2017

Tuesday Self-Talk ~ Gratitude

Gratitude, what does it really mean to be Grateful?  Gratitude is an act, a look, a warmth in our soul that seeps out of us when we have it.  It's like a contagious smile from a stranger.  It feels good and clears away the yucky mental fog of all the past days that might not have made our favorites list.  Sometimes we go through our days on autopilot not even giving our actions a second thought.  So, how do we keep that glow of Thankfulness?  

We make a decision....we wake up every morning and make the decision to be filled with Gratitude.  We vow to not let the little dark things build up into full on Demons.  We vow to be Seekers, I have been a Seeker my whole life.  Even when I was a little girl and lost my 2nd parent in just over a year I looked for Light, I was Thankful and had Unshakable Faith.  That act of being a Seeker has been what has kept me above the line many many times when I could have just slipped deeper into despair.  

I say all this because I do not have a rosy picture perfect life by any means.  But, I'm often reminded that even on the darkest night if you look up into the heavens you can see the twinkle of little stars that really aren't so little at all.  But, to us they look that way and with Faith we can Believe and know that those lights are way Bigger then any problem or person down here on Earth.  

Are you a Seeker?  Do you look for the good around you?  Do you see the value in choosing your Attitude?  I would Love to Hear your Stories of Gratitude!  

No comments:

Post a Comment