Oct 23, 2018

Simplify the Spaces You Live In

It's funny how while scrolling through social media you see all these perfect pictures of children laughing in nature.  White walls and soft grays, textured fabrics and must have vintage signs that say bakery, farmhouse or have familiar scripture scrolled across them.  I don't know about you but everything about that is pleasing to my eyes, but also screams you need to get shopping.  And where there is shopping there is money spent, new stuff comes in so old stuff needs to find new homes and then there is the design aspect.  Everything must be placed just so to elude simple living and a peacful atmosphere. 
I don't know about you, but all of that does not seem simple and peaceful to me.  I suggest unless you are already remodeling or moving into a new place to take a different approach.  Without looking online write down what simple living means to you.  And list out each room in your house, then pick 3-5 things that you could do to simplify your life in this space.
Example, in my bathroom I decided to put towels in a basket beside my shower so I wouldn't have to scream for someone to grab me one from the hall closet the next time I forgot to grab one.  I also put all my daily beauty products in a tray on my counter and the less used products away in a drawer.  Now I don't have to sift through 5 shades of lipgloss to find my everyday blush pink one.  I also made a few little changes to tackle cord clutter and downsized some of my bottles in the shower.  Honestly I wish I had a before and after of this space.  It was like night and day.  And I didn't need to run out and by paint or matching baskets to achieve a more peacful and simple space.
I'm not knocking the whole white walls and farmhouse decor....I personally love it.  But, I do believe we can't all redo every room in our house to look instworthy.  And we can achieve a more relaxing vibe to our space with just a few changes.  And as funds and time permit you can add your favorite farm sign to the mix, add some shiplap, fuzzy blankets and a new coat of white paint.  Just stay true to your style and what matters most to you.  That way your space represents you and your family.    Find ways to rearrange what you already have.  Let go of things you don't find necessary to have anymore. 
Most importantly relax and have fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment