Feb 13, 2019

Downsizing Books

I know I have shared over on Instagram that we are selling our house and moving into the RV for at least a year.  I am so excited to do this because living here in CA is so expensive and we find ourselves with very little leftover at the end of each month.  We have this huge house and basically we have 3 rooms we don't even use.  We are always together and would much rather live smaller and take that mortgage payment and do something fun with it.
With that said...the downsizing has begun.  And let me tell you that hardest things to let go so far are my books.  I love books, the paper, the smell, the weight of them in my hand.  They are my favorite collection and one that I am having to really think about as I go through I decide which to keep, which to store and which to let go of.  The good news is that my husband is sensitive and amazing.  He is encouraging me to let go of books that have already served their purpose and to allow them to serve others.  Having that mentality has made this process easier instead of feeling like I just have to toss them to downsize.

I'm doing the same thing with school supplies, skincare, bedding...basically everything.  I have so much homeschool stuff....I could open a store.  So, I will be hosting some kind of sale locally soon.  YAY!!  I have been keeping it thinking one day grand kids will use it, but the way things are going they will probably just soak in education through an online source.  No, knowing my kids it will be traditional book learning for them.  I decided to keep classic books, the kid;s favorites and sets of interests.  Like anything History wise I will run it past Skylar before I sell it because he loves that subject.  Mahala has said she wants her kids to use all the Apologia Science books.  So, we will toss the notebooks and keep the hardback books for her and her family.  All the workbooks never used, educational games and references I will sell.
It's a ton of work right now, but it will be worth it in the end. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment