Mar 6, 2019

The Upside to Downsizing


One of this things I'm looking forward to while downsizing is the reduced amount of clutter and mess.  We will have 6 cups, not 57...yes that is how many plain cups we have.  Not talking about coffee mugs, tea cups, thermal cups, travel mugs, squeeze bottles and we even have a handful of sippy cups still hanging around.  We don't need all of that and it's so easy to grab another cup instead of rinsing out the one you have and reusing it.  Or at least that's how it is in our house.  I feel like I am forever washing dishes and as soon as the sink is clean I look away and the crusty mountain has returned.
What I decided to do is make a donation pile, a take with us pile and a store for later pile.  Right now in the kitchen I am getting rid of anything plastic, if it's chewed on or scratched up I will toss, if not I'm donating.  We are keeping a set of hydros, a glass and mug a piece and the same goes for plates, bowls and our set of silverware.  Everything else gets donated along with all of our tupperware. We will take a baking dish, muffin pan and small cookie sheet, the rest will be donated.  We have a pot and pan to take and the rest.... if you say donate it then you guessed right.  We will take our instant pot and that's it.  
To store until we move out of the rv into a sticks and brick home are things like cookie cutters that we have used for 20 years, canning stuff, favorite cookbooks, my huge mixer and that's about it.  There just isn't much we truly need as a family.  Over the years we accumulated stuff in the hopes we would find happiness.  The whole filling a God shaped hole with stuff scenario.  But, that's not us anymore, we are a work in progress...don't get me wrong.  When I walk into Target I sometimes breakout into a sweat when I walk past the $1 section up front.  Which is really more like the $3 and up, up, up section.  
So, that's the way the kitchen is coming along.  Next will be clothes, knick knacks, linens, toys, books, garage and then the dreaded homeschool room.  I'm most terrified of the homeschool room.  Follow along though with us, I can use all the ideas and suggestions I can get to make this a smooth process.  Take care and God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment