May 5, 2019

Healing while Letting Go

As I go through all this junk that's been suffocating me for years I find myself gasping for air and clawing these holds I've had grappling onto me like barnacles.  I have this sinking feeling in my stomach and my knees feel weak when I look at the storage boxes filled with paper, photos and half done projects.  I see a life that I longed for and a life I failed at.  I see a life I thought I wanted and a life I neglected.  It brings me to continuously pause as I contemplate my future.  What I see, what I want, what I plan to do.  
 
No more dragging ghosts of "never was" behind me, no more dead end schemes that filled my head with lies.  No more reminders of things left undone because they serve me no purpose.  Going forward my days will be light filled with meaningful treasures.  Wrapping myself with what's familiar, not with illusions.  There will be no more fakery, no more lies will leave my lips to seep into my mind and corrupt my inner-voice.  I will move softly down the path before me, only taking what I must to survive.  

Roadblocks are now platforms as I choose to thrive in my own skin.  I will cherish what I have always had, what God formed me with.  I will choose to illuminate, I will use the fire he created me with to be the force to get things done, to be content and to choose happy.

As I pack away these things to allow them to go out and breathe life for  someone else I will remember them briefly and thank them for be apart of this journey.  No regrets, no disappointments...only looking forward and beyond.  
Warm heart, thankful spirit and peaceful mind awaits, it is here, it is now in this present moment of today.

No comments:

Post a Comment